The Saitsa Tax Program is NOW CLOSED
Thanks to all the staff and volunteers that helped us complete 1445 Tax Returns in 2023!
At Saitsa, we know the burden that tax season can place on students’ shoulders, which is why we’ve partnered with the Canada Revenue Agency’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP).
The CVITP provides students and the immediate community with a FREE service to have their taxes done by dedicated student-volunteers who have received CRA training in this program.
Saitsa Tax Program will REOPEN on March 2024
Tax Program FAQ
The basics typically include:
- A government issued ID
- A Social Insurance Number or Individual Tax Number (for those without a SIN)
- T4s from any employer that you worked for
- T2202 – proof of tuition fees paid; found through your MySAIT or by contacting the Office of the Registrar.
- T4A – scholarships or bursaries
You can do them yourself online through a program like Turbo Tax or StudioTax
You can pay an organization such as H&R Block
You can access Saitsa’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program, opening in March 2024.
You are eligible to use the Saitsa Tax Program if you:
- have $35,000 maximum net income individually
- have $45,000 maximum net income if you’re married or common-law
- have $40,000 maximum net income if you’re a single parent
- do not have capital gains/losses
- are not self-employed
- do not have rental income
Yes, but they must be present for the tax filing and must bring all their paperwork as well
It is running from March 2024 to April 2024
No, you do not need to book an appointment. You can just walk in during the hours that the tax program is open.
TBD March 2024
TBD March 2024