Welcome to the SAITSA Peer Support Centre
By Students – For Students
Location: NJ105 – Senator Burns Building
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The PSC is an inclusive, non-academic space designed for students to gather, socialize and actively participate in initiatives that promote mental health and personal well-being.
This is your safe place for self-exploration, relaxation and connecting with fellow students.
What can you expect at the PSC?
- Warm and caring staff who are ready to listen and help when needed
- Students ONLY space
- A safe and open environment; free from discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation, race, culture, religious beliefs, physical or mental ability, socio-economic status or any other factor that would marginalize an individual or group
- Programming and activities specific to student needs
- Empowering initiatives to help you actively participate in your mental health and well-being
Conduct For The Peer Support Centre
- No foul language
- No sleeping or ‘making out’
- Always be pleasant and present
- No bullying
- No judging
- Always make students feel welcome
- Be positive