The Weal is SAITSA’s news and lifestyle magazine printing at the beginning of each month during the fall and winter semester, and weekly online as news breaks on-campus. The Weal keeps students informed about what matters most to them, and on SAIT and SAITSA administrative affairs and governance. Additionally, The Weal profiles arts, dining, travel, sports, cutting-edge perspectives on people, cultures and lifestyle that define our campus.
The Weal is appealing to both students and faculty with discerning tastes and engage readers through stimulating visuals and writing.
Your Role: Students can volunteer as writers, editors, photographers, graphic designers, and fact-checkers.
The Weal Perks:
- Gain practical experience in a newsroom environment
- Writing experience of a journalistic nature.
- Qualify for SAITSA Awards
- Excellent addition to your resume
The Weal Requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 3 hours a week
- Writers need to be familiar with Canadian Press Style, or be willing to learn it.
- Photographers must have access to their own Digital SLR, and flash.
- Graphic designers must be familiar and creative in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
Sign up to volunteer here!