Join the Safewalk team
Operating out of the SAITSA Resource Centre, the Campus Safewalk program is a service that is specifically designed to maintain campus safety for all students, staff, faculty and guests coming to SAIT Campus.
The SAITSA Safewalk program could not exist without student volunteers. Becoming a Safewalk volunteer gives students an opportunity to meet new people, build their resume while giving back to the SAIT community. The Safewalk program is led by one part-time student administrator that is hired by SAITSA to ensure the operations runs smoothly.
Your Role: As a dedicated student-volunteer you will walk you anywhere within a 10-block radius of SAIT campus. Each Safewalk volunteer of SAITSA is trained in first aid, CPR, radio conduct and self-defense.
- Free first aid and CPR training via St. Johns Ambulance
- Free self-defense training
- Qualify for SAITSA awards
- Free parking during shift
- Great addition to your resume
- Complete a minimum of one, three-hour shift per week
- Submit to a police background check
- Complete first aid, CPR and self-defense training
We accept new volunteer year round! Sign up to volunteer here, complete the form below.
Still have questions?