INSTRUCTOR EXCELLENCE AWARDS
We believe outstanding instructors should be rewarded for their dedication and hard work at SAIT, which is why we honour their commitment at the annual SAITSA Awards banquet each spring.
These awards are presented to one instructor in each school that students feel possesses any or all of the following qualities:
- Provides extra time and resources above and beyond the call of duty
- Is accommodating, sympathetic and respectful to student concerns and lifestyles.
- Utilizes multiple resources to appeal to different learning styles.
- Has outstanding organization and preparation for class.
- Has interest and enthusiasm for teaching and student success.
- Has fair testing and grading.
- Embraces diversity.
- Has a willingness and appreciation for students’ input and questions.
- Fosters a positive classroom environment.
Criteria: The recipients of these awards must be instructors at SAIT and must be nominated by a student.
All submissions are carefully evaluated by a selection committee consisting of SAITSA Board of Directors members and student volunteers. Submissions are assessed based on statements of how the award criteria is satisfied to illustrate teaching excellence. Including detailed examples and outcomes of how an instructor demonstrates teaching excellence helps the selection committee in its review. The committee shortlists nominees to three instructors from each school who best exemplify teaching excellence, and the top candidate is then selected to receive an Instructor Excellence Award.
NOMINATE YOUR INSTRUCTOR: