Applications for this award have now closed. Check back later for updates.
- 1 department/year – no monetary value
- Nomination – Impact Statement (500 words max)
It takes a village to raise a child and it takes a community to support students. SAIT offers a variety of support services to ensure the success of their students and Saitsa believes in recognizing those that contribute to students’ personal and/or academic excellence. Established in 2019, this award serves to recognize a department within the SAIT community who watch over and guard the overall wellbeing of our members.
SAIT supports include, but are not limited to: Lamb Learner Success Centre, International Centre, Employment & Career centre, Student Development & Counselling, Chinook Lodge, Career Exploration Centre, Study Abroad, Transfer Options, Trojans Athletics, Office of the Registrar and the Reg Erhardt Library. To nominate a support service department, the student must describe in detail how the department supported them in one or more of the following ways:
- Providing resources or options to secure or manage finances
- Learning Accommodations: extra time on exams, alternative exam locations, notetakers, etc.
- Navigating barriers: personal, cultural, discrimination, etc.
- Planning beyond SAIT: employment, career & life planning
- Life Skills: study skills, stress management, conflict resolution, etc.
- Study & Academic Support: study skills, textbook access, proofreading, etc.
- Students are encouraged to include specifics about how the department’s support led to them to success or advancements in their academics or personal life.
The number of nominations a department receives may contribute to the selection of a recipient; however, those departments who have had a considerable impact on one individual will also be carefully considered. The Awards Selection Committee will select one recipient. Preference may be given to a department who has positively impacted Saitsa within the current academic year, or who has not previously won an award, or who has not won in the last two years.
Please note that any personal information included within this application form will not be given to sources outside the SAIT Students’ Association. Saitsa Executives and full-time staff are not eligible for Saitsa Awards.