The SAITSA Student Grant Program is a new initiative, launched in September 2017, designed to provide students with the funding for personal and professional development opportunities.
To provide SAITSA members with the opportunity to participate in personal and professional development, which enhances skillsets, promotes change, cultivates leaders, and fosters new ideas.
To support SAITSA members in achieving their personal and professional goals and aspirations.
The program is open to all full-time and part-time SAITSA fee-paying members, including apprenticeship/trades programs. Courses required for graduation are not eligible for the program.
Students are eligible for a maximum of $500 per academic year. The reimbursement amount is dependent on the total reflected in submitted receipts and cannot exceed the original amount requested.
**Please note: The maximum number of applications have been accepted for the following events: NRP Certification, ACLS, PALS, National Geomatics Competition. Sorry for any inconvenience.
How It Works:
- Please read the Student Grant Program Policies & Procedures as well as the Student Grant Program FAQ before filling out the application form. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they know the criteria and guidelines for the grant before filling out an application form.
- Once reviewed, complete the following form in full (ideally up to a month before the conference/event date). All required fields must be properly filled in. Grant applications can only be filled out by an individual applicant, group/club applications are not permitted (Refer to club grant funding: Student Grant Program Policies & Procedures). Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications are available online only.
- Applications are reviewed by the Executive Council on a regular basis; however, please allow up to 4 weeks to be notified of the Executive Council’s decision.
- If successful, within 30 days following the event, recipients are required to submit all receipts and a post-event feedback form in order to receive reimbursement.
- Once all documents are received and reviewed by the Executive Council, recipients will receive reimbursement for the event.
The Student Grant Program is now closed for the 2017/18 year. Please check back for any updates. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
**Expense Details File Download/Example**
If you have any questions or require more information on the SAITSA Student Grant Program, please feel free to call the SAITSA Main Office during regular office hours at 403-284-8036 or email your VP Academic at SAITSA.VPAcademic@edu.sait.ca.