Applications for this award have now closed. Check back later for updates.
- 9 instructors/year (1 instructor/school of study) – no monetary value
We believe outstanding instructors should be acknowledged for their dedication and hard work at SAIT, which is why we honour their commitment via these awards. Since 2008, Saitsa has been encouraging students to nominate their instructors for these prominent awards.
Instructors can be nominated by their students at any time of the year; in order to be considered for the current, academic year’s award process the nomination must be received by March 31, applications will reopen at the beginning of the spring semester for the following academic year.
To nominate an instructor, the student must describe in detail how the instructor possesses one or more of the following qualities, not to exceed 500 words:
- Provides extra time and resources above and beyond the call of duty
- Is accommodating, sympathetic and respectful to student concerns and lifestyles
- Utilizes multiple resources to appeal to different learning styles
- Has outstanding organization and preparation for class
- Has interest and enthusiasm for teaching students and setting them up for success
- Has fair testing and grading
- Embraces diversity
- Has a willingness and appreciation for students input and questions
- Fosters a positive classroom environment.
Submissions are assessed by the Instructor Excellence Selection Committee based on statements of how the award criteria is satisfied to illustrate teaching excellence. Including detailed examples and outcomes of how an instructor demonstrated teaching excellence helps the selection committee in its review. The number of nominations an instructor receives will also be taken into consideration.The committee shortlist nominees to three instructors from each school who best exemplify teaching excellence, and the top candidate is then selected to receive an Instructor Excellence Award. Preference may be given to an instructor who has not previously won an award, or who has not won in the last two years.
Please note that any personal information included within this application form will not be given to sources outside the SAIT Students’ Association. Saitsa Executives and full-time staff are not eligible for Saitsa Awards.