Protect Yourself Today
The HPV-9 vaccine is now a publicly funded vaccine. Anyone under the age of 27 can receive the vaccine free of charge. The Saitsa Student Health & Dental Plan covers the vaccine up to 80% for eligible students over the age of 27 years old. More info on the Student Health & Dental Plan here.
What is HPV?
HPV is a virus that causes skin and genital warts. HPV infection will often go away on its own. Some people get a long-term infection, which can lead to cancer of the vagina, vulva, penis, anus, mouth, or throat. HPV causes almost all cervical cancers.
Get the Vaccine
Phone the SAIT Health Clinic to arrange an appointment with a physician to discuss and receive the HPV vaccine. Anyone 27 years of age or older, must have a physician prescription to purchase the HPV vaccine.
SAIT Health Clinic Contact 403.284.8666
Phone hours: 8:15 am – 4:15 pm
NR041, Senator Burns building
The clinic can only be accessed from outside via the main entrance on the NE corner. There is no clinic access from inside the Senator Burns building.
- Alberta Health
- Alberta Health Services – HPV Vaccine Decision Tool
- HPV GARDASIL Vaccine Pamphlet
- The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
- International Center for Infectious Diseases – HPV
- Video: Canadian Health and Family – Protecting Against HPV and Related Cancers
- Video: Should you get the HPV Vaccine? Dr. Mike Evans
Free condoms are available at the Saitsa Resource Centre (MC107 Stan Grad)