Saitsa believes that no student should go hungry. We’re here to help. Judgement free.
Saitsa’s Emergency Food Fund is designed to support SAIT students who are experiencing food insecurity due to financial hardships. Please be prepared to answer some personal questions when completing the form; this information is collected to ensure that we can best serve your unique needs. All information collected is confidential.
We strive to process requests within 1 business day. If your request is approved, you will be contacted by Saitsa staff for further instructions and provided the following emergency supports:
- A grocery store gift card that will provide you with food for 1 week – this can only be accessed once per academic year
- A referral to the Calgary Food Bank – if desired
- The option to access Saitsa’s Hygiene Bank for free personal hygiene supplies
- Referral to SAIT’s Financial Aid Services – if desired
- Referral to SAIT’s Counselling & Development Services – if desired