Applications for this award have now closed. Check back later for updates.
- 1 Club/Year – $750 award
One of the challenges SAIT students face is meeting new people with common interests outside of the classroom; Saitsa clubs provide an opportunity for students to come together to learn, develop skills, network and/or simply meet new people and have fun. Since 2001 Saitsa has been recognizing one club a year that demonstrates outstanding dedication to improving student life on campus.
This award is only available to Saitsa-registered clubs. Clubs that demonstrate a commitment to being actively engaged and involved with Saitsa may be given preference.The Club Executive must be the applicant and must provide the following information in a brief summary:
- Number of club events held, type of events and attendance
- Events planned for the remainder of the academic year
- A succession plan to ensure continuity for the club
- List of Saitsa events the club participated in
- Funds raised (if applicable) either for donations to other causes, or funds for club use
- Clubs who have received this award in the past three years must demonstrate how the award benefitted the club.
The Saitsa Clubs Coordinator is to be provided with all applications by the Chair of the Awards Selection Committee (ASC) and is to narrow down the top three to five applicants based on the criteria for the award. The final selection of a recipient is to be completed by the ASC. Preference may be given to a club that has recently demonstrated considerable increase in club funds, improvements in club management, effective succession planning or consistent or increased membership numbers.
Please note that any personal information included within this application form will not be given to sources outside the SAIT Students’ Association. Saitsa Executives and full-time staff are not eligible for Saitsa Awards.