1.1.1 Campus Safewalk
Operating out of the SAITSA Resource Centre, the Campus Safewalk program is a service that is specifically designed to maintain campus safety for all students, staff, faculty and guests coming to SAIT Campus. Safewalk consists of a group of dedicated volunteers who will walk you anywhere within a 10 block radius of SAIT campus. Each volunteer of SAITSA is trained in first aid, CPR, radio conduct and self-defense.
The SAITSA Safewalk program could not exist without volunteers. Becoming a Safewalk volunteer gives students an opportunity to meet new people, build their resume while giving back to the SAIT community. The Safewalk program is led by one part-time student administrator that is hired by SAITSA to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
Perks of being part of the Safewalk team include:
- Great addition to your resume
- Free first aid and CPR training
- Free self-defense training
- Meet new people
- Qualify for SAITSA awards
- Free parking during shift
Commitment to the program:
- At least one, three hour shift per week
- Submit to a police background check
- Complete first aid and CPR training