Summary Essay (500 words max)
One of the challenges SAIT students face is meeting new people with common interests outside of the classroom; SAITSA clubs provide an opportunity for students to come together to learn, develop skills, network and/or simply meet new people and have fun. Since 2001 SAITSA has been recognizing one club a year that demonstrates outstanding dedication to improving student life on campus.
This award is only available to SAITSA-registered clubs. Clubs that demonstrate a commitment to being actively engaged and involved with SAITSA may be given preference.
The Club President must be the applicant and must provide the following information in a brief summary:
- Number of club events held, type of events and attendance
- Events planned for remainder of academic year
- Succession plan to ensure continuity for the club
- List of SAITSA events the club participated in
- Number of Clubs’ Board meetings attended
- Funds raised (if applicable) either for donations to other causes, or funds for club use
Clubs who have received this award in the past three years must demonstrate how the award benefitted the club.
The SAITSA Clubs Coordinator is to be provided all applications by the Chair of the ASC and is to make the final decision after cross-referencing the information provided by the Clubs’ Presidents.