INSTRUCTOR EXCELLENCE AWARDS
SAITSA instructor excellence awards are given out to exceptional instructors nominated by SAIT students. These awards are presented to one instructor in each school that students feel possesses any or all of the following qualities:
- Provides extra time and resources above and beyond the call of duty
- Is accommodating, sympathetic and respectful to student concerns and lifestyles.
- Utilizes multiple resources to appeal to different learning styles.
- Has outstanding organization and preparation for class.
- Has interest and enthusiasm for teaching students and setting them up for success.
- Has fair testing and grading.
- Embraces diversity.
- Has a willingness and appreciation for students input and questions.
- Fosters a positive classroom environment.
Criteria: The recipients of these awards must be instructors at SAIT and must be nominated by a student.
All submissions are carefully evaluated by a selection committee consisting of SAITSA Board members and student volunteers. Submissions are assessed based on student’s detailed examples and outcomes of how an instructor demonstrates teaching excellence. The committee shortlists nominees to three instructors from each school who best exemplify the qualities listed above, and the top candidate is then selected to receive an Instructor Excellence Award.