Volunteer for the Tax Program
At Saitsa, we know the burden that tax season can place on students’ shoulders, which is why we’ve partnered with the Canada Revenue Agency’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP).
The CVITP provides students and the immediate community with a FREE service to have their taxes done by dedicated student-volunteers who have received CRA training in this program.
If your maximum net income is $35,000 or below, you can file your tax returns for free!
Join us at AA105, between March 13th – April 14th and get your taxes filed for free!
Tax Program FAQ
The basics typically include:
- A government issued ID
- A Social Insurance Number or Individual Tax Number (for those without a SIN)
- T4s from any employer that you worked for
- T2202 – proof of tuition fees paid; found through your MySAIT or by contacting the Office of the Registrar.
- T4A – scholarships or bursaries
You can do them yourself online through a program like Turbo Tax or StudioTax
You can pay an organization such as H&R Block
You can access Saitsa’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program, operating from March 13, 2023 – April 14, 2023
You are eligible to use the Saitsa Tax Program if you:
- have $35,000 maximum net income individually
- have $45,000 maximum net income if you’re married or common-law
- have $40,000 maximum net income if you’re a single parent
- do not have capital gains/losses
- are not self-employed
- do not have rental income
Yes, but they must be present for the tax filing and must bring all their paperwork as well
It is running from March 13, 2023 to April 14, 2023.
No, you do not need to book an appointment. You can just walk in during the hours that the tax program is open.
In Room: AA105 – Heritage Hall, Stan Grad Building
Monday to Friday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
If you have any questions or concerns about the Tax Program, please contact